Circus Skills Workshops
Creative shows would be happy to run a circus skills workshop in your school.
The Benefits for the Children:
- To learn the 4 steps of 3 Ball Cascade Juggling and achieve minium step 1
- To learn the 3 steps of Silk Juggling and achieve minium step 1
- To learn the 3 steps of Plate Spinning and achieve a plate while balancing on a stick
- To learn the 3 steps of Stilt Walking and achieve step 1
- To learn various tricks on the Hula Hoop and achieve 1 trick
- To learn one handed Poi trick and two handed Poi trick and achieve a on handed trick
- To learn one magic trick and achieve minuim presentation
- To think creatively how to apply music to their rope skipping
- Loads of fun and laugh
- Learn the philosphy of Cirque and to co-operate with other pupils in devising a Cirque Renegade Show
- Gain confidence through presenting their skills to an audience
The Benefits for the Teachers:
What will happen :
- A fifteen minute Comedy show with Circus Skills and the funniest magic trick routines sets the workshop on the right foot!
- Everyone chooses at least 3 different skills to try and have a go from my circus prop stock and will be given instruction.
- Learn the Cirque philosphy of encouraging each other in the skills learning
- Different children choose a song from the music library
The Final hour after a short break
- Choose skill for Cirque Renegade Show practice in that skill again.
- Assign performance groups and choose music for each group.
- Dress Rehearsal
- Cirque Renegade Show (children show what they have learned)
What I will bring:
- Juggling Balls, 1 pr of Stilts, Poi, Hula Hoops, Skipping Ropes and what they will need to do the magic trick.
- Loads of children music
- A Stage set to set the theme of the Cirque Renegade Show
- Simple Dress up hats and bits for the Cirque Renegade show
- A set of 3 juggling balls for each child as a gift.
An entire class can participate in a two hour workshop. The cost for one workshop booked either in the morning or the afternoon is £175.00 plus travel (30p per mile from B63 3AJ-round trip)
It is possible to do 2 workshops in a day...one in the morning and one in the afternoon the cost will be £299.00 plus travel (30 p per mile round trip from B63 3AJ) for the day.