Creative Puppet Workshops
Creative shows would be happy to run a puppet workshop in your school.
The Benefits for the Children
- Design and make their puppet to keep (based on level ability)
- Have experience using professional puppets and professional stages
- Learn the secrets of basic professional puppetry
- Loads of fun and laughter for the children
- Learn to co-operate with other pupils in devising original work
- Gain confidence through presenting their work to an audience
The Benefits for the Teachers:
Join in the fun and have loads of follow up material for future classes
Unlock the potential of a very powerful teaching tool that will help children with children improve their reading skills and devise their own stories.
What will happen :
- A twenty minute Comedy Show with Hilarious puppets and the funniest magic trick routines sets the workshop on the right foot ...erm...I mean hand!
- Everyone chooses a puppet friend from my professional stock and keeps it for the rest of the first hour
- Learning professional tips on mouth movement, eye contact and stage crafting
- Learning how to move the puppet to the music
- Build a character profile on their puppet and learn how to do a character profile diary
- Learning the puppet story grid
The Final hour after a short break
- Designing and making their own puppet and learning about the eye triangle
- Creating a character profile diary for their new puppet friend
- Working in groups to create their own puppet stories and practical use of the puppet story grid
- Perform (improvise) as many newly devised puppet skits as time will allow
What I will Bring:
- Brickwall with a bin - a Professional Puppet Stage (The Full version will take up one side of a hall and the scaled down version will fit in a classroom)
- Height Adjustable Professional Puppet Stage
- Enough Professional Puppets for the children to borrow
- All the supplies for the children to make their very own puppet.
- Pat tested Sound System
An entire class can participate in a two hour workshop. The cost for one workshop booked either in the morning or the afternoon is £190.00 plus travel (30p per mile round trip from B14 6JN) NB.
All materials including glue is included in the price.
It is possible to do 2 workshops in a day...one in the morning and one in the afternoon the cost will be £345.00 - £20.00 % plus travel (30p per mile round trip from B14 6JN) for the day.
Contact us today to book an excellent workshop for your class today.